Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving


There are so many things that I absolutely love about living overseas. Unfortunately, over the holidays... I forget all of them!

Thanksgiving... I am meant to be sitting on my grandmother's front porch swing ~ a big glass of sweat tea in one hand (that I just scooped out of the 25 gallon galvanized steal tub) and a turkey leg in the other.

I am meant to be wearing a t-shirt and shorts as my grandmother's house is in Louisiana and it is usually still warm at this time of year.

I am meant to be climbing in a tree or chasing my cousins or catching baby chickens in the pen in the back of the house.

I am meant to be surrounded by family and friends!

Thanksgiving... I am thankful for so many amazing memories!

... and even though I am in Australia ~ far away from those childhood memories ~ and surrounded by people that have not heard of Thanksgiving, or Pilgrims and Indians, or turkey dinner, or the Macy's parade, or afternoon football games... (or shopping at 5am on the following morning) I have my wonderful husband and amazing children ~ and I am so thankful for the wonderful memories that we are creating each and every day!

No comments: