Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where Have We Been....











































... Or better question, where have me NOT been! : ) We started our 4th of July vacation in Tennessee. A visit to Pigeon Forge which included stops at the Dixie Stampede, Nascar Speedway, Dollywood, and Cade's Cove National Park. We then headed for the East Coast to spend a few days with my brother and family in North Carolina. We all had a blast! My sister-in-law is pretty much a saint as she smiled when a party of 14 humans and 2 canines moved into her home for the long weekend!

My brother is the BEST cook! Seriously takes after my mother who really is the BEST cook in the world! I gained more than a few pounds during this visit (I guess one or two of those could be attributed to the multiple funnel cakes that I inhaled at Dollywood... LOVE funnel cakes!!!!) .... but happily so! I could devote an entire post to the food that we consumed... yummy!

It is so good to be back "home" so holidays like this are possible.

And guess what... FIVE DAYS until Joe comes home FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS... if you are in need of a "floatation device" for your child, go to Wally World right now and head straight for the "fishin' section" and pick up the BEST Coast Guard approved Floaty ever invented! You see it above on Abby and Lilli in the pool pics.... seriously... the BEST until they are perfect swimmers!

3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Wow loooks like so much fun!! I would LOVE to share this on my new blog Traveling the Blogosphere. Stop by and sign up to be a tour guide... please... pretty please :)

GGAdventures said...

Looks like a great holiday! Five days... woo hoo!

Amy said...

What a great trip!! Can I please be your child?? How fun!! And that first picture of Lilli!! She looks so much older!! I love those floaties. Presley does great with the arm floaties, but that one definitely looks better. I can't believe Joe will be home in 5 days!! Have you been there a year already??? Hope the next few days fly by!!