Saturday, February 12, 2011

Covering Her Bases

Yesterday after school, the littles and I headed for a very specific store in the mall.... Build @ Bear. They had been counting down to this day for quite a while! They were not above begging... and I recently told them that as soon as Build @ Bear sent a coupon to my email address we would head that way! So... about a week ago... Abby raced into the kitchen to tell me she had checked my email and I indeed had the much anticipated coupon! YEAH!

So, off we went. It is always fun to slowly "case" the bear wall to select a new friend. Then comes the really fun part of stuffing that new friend with fluff and a very special heart. But then.... there is the hard part... narrowing the hundred choices of clothing down to that perfect outfit (that fits into mom's budget for the day!!!).

For those of you that understand the dynamics of the college situation in the great state of Alabama.... you will understand why Abby's choices yesterday were "shocking" to say the least... and maybe even down right "offensive" to some! HAHAHA! The girl is just trying to cover her bases... with big brother at Bama and big sister now seriously considering Auburn... this is what Abby created....


I think he is quite cute!



Lilli on the other hand subscribes to the old adage - "stick to the weather, and don't talk politics or religion" - and made a typical - but very cute - girleeee bear that she name Berry!
Not a single person would be offended by her choices.... well, maybe the fact that mom would not shell out the 6$ for bear underwear was offensive to Lilli!

But in the end... the only thing that really matters is the fact that Berry Bear and Crimson Roll Tide Aubbie are BFF (the littles have learned this term now and use it all the time... I think it is hilarious) - just like their owners!


1 comment:

ellieshine said...

they are both very (or berry!) cute!

I love that your girls are so different - it makes it all so fun doesn't it?

I'm trying to climb my way back to blog land - but I have sooooo much painting to do!! miss you :(

xo ellie