Friday, November 7, 2008

Raining Inside and Out


I was going to go Christmas shopping this morning after I dropped the littles off at school; however, the weather was dreary so I decided to just sit in front of the fireplace and read my new book that arrived mixed in with all of Holly's things last night in an Amazon.com box.
As I read my tears fell - I am certain at the same rate that the raindrops were falling outside.
If you have not yet read this... it is a must for any parent of a child that spent anytime in an orphanage in China.
This book really touched me as Lilli had an Australian volunteer at her orphanage that cared for her so deeply. Aunty Sandy, as we so affectionately call her, gave Lilli so much love and affection. I KNOW that Sandy is the reason that Lilli is such an open, sweet, well adjusted little girl that has a smile on her face and love in her heart. I have told her many times that she is Lilli's angel... as well as an angel to so many other special children that will only know her love and affection. God Bless those that have this calling... I don't know that I could be that strong.

No comments: