Thursday, January 22, 2009

THIS Makes Me Angry....


I received a call this morning at 8:20am... started with a nice female voice recording stating, "Due to the current economical situation, your bank card is offering a lower interest rate. This offer will expire soon, please press 1 to speak to a live operator".... hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought.

You know me... I pressed 1.... A sleepy foreign female voice came on the line and asked which card I would like to lower the interest on... I asked her... "You called me, which card of mine is offering lower interest" to which she replied "We are working with many banks, You need to give me you name, address, card information, identifying information for security purposes and I will tell you if your card is part of the program"... WHAT???? to which I replied. "May I have your full name and phone number and I will do 1 of 2 things... call you back to verify that this is legit...or Call the FBI and report your criminal activity"... to which she replied by simply hanging up the phone! SCAM!

This really BOTHERS me as I know people will fall for this... I am so OVER bad people that take advantage of others.... what is it that makes them think it is ok to just take advantage of someone and cheat, lie, steel.... I don't GET it!

It is nearly 2 hours later and I am still angry....

No comments: